Check out the welcome post on the right side bar for what this is all about. Be sure to send your photos to therecipeproject@live.com

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mountain Dew Salad

Recipe from Mom Murdock

This recipe is from my mother-in-laws collection.  Sylvia was one of the best cooks I've ever come across.  A long time ago when we were up for the weekend I scoured her recipes looking for some of my favorites.  I'll post the original recipe and I'll post the way Mom makes it.  The directions are very vague so I'll try to fill in the blanks in mom's version.

Mountain Dew Salad


1 6 oz. Package lemon gelatin
1 ½ c. boiling water
10 oz mountain dew (cold)

Chill until syrupy
Make 1- 3oz pkg instant lemon pudding according to the box directions
Mix into jello mixture. Whip in 1 medium container cool whip.
Add in
1 can crushed pineapple
1 cup marshmallows

Mom's Directions

1 6oz package lemon gelatin
1 ½ c boiling water
1 can mountain dew (chilled)
1 small can crushed pineapple(drain)
1 3 oz. package lemon pudding
1 cup marshmallows
1 medium container cool whip

Mix lemon gelatin, boiling water and can of mountain dew together. Chill until mixture is syrupy. Mix in package of pudding. Whip medium container of cool whip. Fold in crushed pineapple and marshmallows. Put in refrigerator until fluffy.

Mom's version just has a little extra kick because she's doesn't make the pudding and stir it in. I've made either way and both taste great.   

No comments:

Post a Comment