Check out the welcome post on the right side bar for what this is all about. Be sure to send your photos to therecipeproject@live.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Phyllo Crab Cups

Found on tasteofhome.com
I would love to host a party every week if I didn't stress about the food coming out perfect.  These little appetizers however are so yummy every time I have ever cooked them for family gatherings they are gone within a matter of seconds.  And it's not the grown ups that usually get to them first.  Just don't tell the kiddos there is horseradish in them. They work up really fast too.  My hubby is in love with worcestershire sauce and put some dashes in when I wasn't looking one time and it worked.  I've used imitation crab meat and the real stuff.  So much better if you can get fresh cooked crab.  I was also thinking if you have any leftover salmon that might work too.  If anyone happens to try this let me know how it turns out.  I'm curious now!  You can find the phyllo tart shells in the frozen food section.  Don't make the same mistake I did and get the sheets.  It wasn't a total waste.  I ended up using it to make Baklava which was divine.


Phyllo Crab Cups

Ingredients
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons horseradish sauce
  • 3/4 cup chopped imitation crabmeat
  • 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
  • 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
  • Paprika

Directions

  • In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and horseradish until smooth. Stir in crab and onion. Spoon 2-3 teaspoonfuls into each tart shell; sprinkle with paprika.
  • Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until tops begin to brown. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment