Recipe found on about.com by Cindy
Simple recipe but the flavors combined are pretty good. It's nice with a side of tortilla chips. I've also turned down the crockpot to low. The cooking time averaged about 6 to 7 hours. You'll just need to watch it.
Santa Fe Chicken
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa, your favorite
- 5 or 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preparation:In a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix together the black beans, corn, and 1/2 cup of the salsa. Top with the chicken breasts, then pour the remaining 1/2 cup salsa over the chicken. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the chicken is tender and white throughout; do not overcook or the chicken will be dry. Sprinkle cheese on top; cover and cook until the cheese melts, about 5 to 15 minutes.