Check out the welcome post on the right side bar for what this is all about. Be sure to send your photos to therecipeproject@live.com

Monday, April 9, 2012

Double-Crust Chicken Pot Pie

                                          Tami N.
                                                                   
Recipe found on cooks.com

This is the easy version of the chicken pot pie I was talking about.  The recipe is below but I'll tell you what I do.  Instead of the canned chicken I keep shredded chicken on hand.  Use about 1 or 2 chicken breasts.  You can either shred it or dice it.  Use frozen vegetables and thaw them in the microwave.  I omit the celery flakes and the poultry seasoning.  I use whatever  I have on hand either Mrs. Dash Garlic salt-free seasoning or 1/4 t. of chicken broth granules.  I like to have potatoes in my pot pies...I used to boil diced fresh potatoes but found if you get the diced hash browns from the frozen section it works great.  Be sure to thaw out the potatoes before you mix it in.


DOUBLE-CRUST CHICKEN POT PIE

Printed from COOKS.COM
2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
1 (6 3/4 oz.) can boneless chicken in broth, undrained & chopped
1 (16 oz.) can mixed vegetables, drained
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 tsp. celery flakes
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
Fit 1 refrigerated pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate, according to package
directions (do not bake).
Combine chicken and remaining ingredients; spoon into pie crust. Moisten
edges of pastry with water; place remaining crust on top. Fold edges
under and flute. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 1 (9 inch) pie

No comments:

Post a Comment