Check out the welcome post on the right side bar for what this is all about. Be sure to send your photos to therecipeproject@live.com

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Monterey Chicken

Photo by Tami N.

This is so simple but the flavors mesh so nicely.  This was from my sister-in-law.  I'm not sure where the original came from.  It was a freezer meal but I have never made it that way.  I'll just post 2 different ways it can be made.  I still have yet to try this on the grill.

Monterey Chicken

2 lbs. Chicken Breast
12 oz. BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is the best)
1 c. Monterey Jack Cheese
1 c. crumbled bacon
1 c. finely chopped green onion

Grill directions:

Trim your chicken of any fat. You can marinade your chicken in the BBQ sauce if you like. Grill Chicken and baste with BBQ sauce. After cooked top with cheese, bacon and onion.

Oven directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil. Place chicken in pan and top with barbecue sauce. I cut my chicken breasts in half for my kids. Put chicken with barbecue sauce in oven WITHOUT toppings for 45 minutes. Halfway through cooking turn chicken and top with more BBQ sauce. 5 minutes before the chicken is supposed to be done top the individual chicken pieces with cheese, bacon and onion. Heat through until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. iswear this had become mine and drew's favorite ever since you gave me this recipe, i'm making it this week,so i'll hopefully remember to takea pic for you

    ReplyDelete