Check out the welcome post on the right side bar for what this is all about. Be sure to send your photos to therecipeproject@live.com

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe from Suzie Day

I'm assuming this is from Mrs. Field's Cookies hence the name but I received the recipe from my friend.  I've seen other variations.  For instance some people leave out the nuts some people put in 7 oz. of a shaved Hershey chocolate bar and another one I've seen is where they put the oatmeal in a blender or grinder to make a powder to put in.  I haven't tried that yet but I'm curious how they would turn out.  This makes a TON!!!  I usually cut it in half and that's enough for our little family.

Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Cream Together:


2 c. margarine or butter
2 c. brown sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 t. salt
4 c. flour
5 c. oatmeal


Mix in:


24 oz. chocolate chips
3 c. shopped nuts-optional


Use ungreased cookie sheet and roll dough into golf ball sized balls.  Set 2 in. apart.  Bake at 375 degree for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment