Check out the welcome post on the right side bar for what this is all about. Be sure to send your photos to therecipeproject@live.com

Monday, July 9, 2012

White Chocolate, Pecan and Craisin Cookies

                                                                         Photo: Bri L.

Recipe found on www.fortheloveofcooking.net

It's funny I have many different cookie recipes and I love them all for different reasons.  If you're going for taste this is bakery cookie at it's finest and plus you get to melt your butter so you don't have worry about getting the consistency of your butter perfect.  I imagine if you want to switch the craisins and pecans out it would make a great white chocolate macadamia nut cookie.  Walnuts work great in a pinch too.  I didn't have whole wheat flour on hand so I just used 2 cups of flour.

White Chocolate, Pecan and Craisin Cookies

1 cup of flour
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecan pieces
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup of craisins

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl then set aside. Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla with a mixer until creamy.

Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just mixed. Stir in the craisins, pecans, and white chocolate chips by hand. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased or lined baking sheet.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges look golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 4-5 minutes (so cookies can set) before moving to a rack. Enjoy.




1 comment:

  1. Mmmm,
    I loved this cookie! When I was done mixing the dough I was worried that they wouldn't turn out because it was not as thick as the cookie recipes I am used to. But they cooked up beautifully. Thanks for all your work on this Debbie, I love trying your stuff. I'll send you the pics when I upload them to the computer.
    -Bri

    ReplyDelete