Check out the welcome post on the right side bar for what this is all about. Be sure to send your photos to therecipeproject@live.com

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Coconut Balls

Recipe from cdkitchen.com

When I make these I never put in the full amount of powdered sugar listed.  I go by taste and texture.  The first time I ever made this recipe it was too rich and a little chalky.  I like the middle to be a little more moist.  These have a similar taste to almond joys.


Coconut Balls

Serves/Makes: 6.5 dozen 


Ingredients:

2 pounds powdered sugar
1 (12 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups coconut*
1/4 cup butter; softened
Coating
16 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
2 1/2 tablespoons shortening
Directions:
Mix together all ingredients; chill. Form into 1-inch balls; chill again on waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Dip in a chocolate coating. Chill for another hour.

*original recipe calls for 2 cans or 3/4 of a large bag of coconut. So 2 cups is a guess on my part, based on the size of a bag of coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment