Check out the welcome post on the right side bar for what this is all about. Be sure to send your photos to therecipeproject@live.com

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chicken and Rice Bake


Recipe source Unknown

Chicken and Rice Bake

This was a freezer meal that someone gave me.  It doesn't take much time to throw together if you choose not to use it as a freezer meal.  I make sure that my chicken is not too thick.  If you have big chicken breasts I suggest to cut them up so they'll cook all the way through.  Also, cream of chicken soup works great!  In all the times I have ever cooked this I have NEVER cooked in 45 minutes.  Check it at 45 but you're looking more like 60 minutes of cooking time.  No one wants uncooked chicken and crunchy rice.

Chicken and Rice Bake
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cup water
¾ cup uncooked regular white rice
¼ tsp. Paprika
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

To freeze: Dump all ingredients into 1 gallon Ziploc freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.

To cook: Thaw in refrigerator. Place all ingredients in a 2 quart shallow baking dish. Cover. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until chicken and rice are done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment