Check out the welcome post on the right side bar for what this is all about. Be sure to send your photos to therecipeproject@live.com

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Decadent Brownie Pie

Recipe from tasteofhome.com

In this recipe I half the walnuts.  One time I was making this for a friend and ended up not greasing the springform well enough.  Needless to say the end result wasn't pretty.  Here is what I did to save my mistake.  I took the mangled brownie and put it in the food processor.  I pulsed it until it was smooth.  I then rolled the brownie mixture into balls.  I placed them on a jelly roll pan and let them harden up in the freezer.  I then dipped them in milk chocolate(you can use whatever chocolate you have on hand.  The brownie bites tasted great.


Decadent Brownie Pie

10-12 Servings

Prep: 20 min. + cooling 
Bake: 55 min. + cooling

Ingredients
2/3 cup butter, softened
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 eggs
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons 2% milk
2 cups chopped walnuts

GANACHE:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
Mint Andes candies, fresh raspberries, fresh mint leaves, caramel ice cream topping and whipped cream, optional

Directions
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
in corn syrup. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to
creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each
addition. Fold in walnuts.

Spread into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 325° for
55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 in. from side of pan
comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.


Taste of Home 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment