Photo by Bri L.
Photo by DebRecipe from allrecipes.com
Our family has a sign in our kitchen that reads "Friday's Special PIZZA". Everyone always asks if that is really what we're having and the answer is YES. 90% of the time we have pizza on Friday. Pizza and root beer are a perfect combination. We've also had variations of different pizza calzones, egg roll pizzas, pocket pizzas, pita pizzas, egg muffin pizza, pizza strudel...the options are endless. I'll put a list below of different pizza combinations that we have done. Also, I like to throw in garlic powder into the dough when I'm mixing it up. If you have pizza combinations not listed share with us what your family likes in the comments.
Jay's Signature Pizza Crust
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
3. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
5. Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2013 Allrecipes.com
Different pizza combinations:
Barbecue Chicken - grilled chicken, barbecue sauce in place of pizza sauce, mixture of gouda and mozzarella cheese, cooked bacon crumbled, red onion slices
Supreme - Italian sausage, green peppers, lightly sauteed mushrooms, olives
Garlic Chicken Pizza - garlic and parmesan cheese sauce in place of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken, red onion sliced, sun dried tomatoes
Canadian Bacon and Pineapple