Check out the welcome post on the right side bar for what this is all about. Be sure to send your photos to therecipeproject@live.com

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Blender Wheat Pancakes

Recipe from Julie M.

My sister-in-law is the master at using her food storage.  I unfortunately don't have a wheat grinder yet.  I want one but it just hasn't been in the cards yet but here is a way that you can use your food storage wheat without a grinder.  I say this with caution...make sure your blender can handle this.  Dad'd blender is a Bosch and it works like a champ.  My blender...we'll just say my motor has never worked the same since then.  In it's defense it is 11 years old and on it's way out but it keeps limping along.  I add cinnamon to my pancakes and it reminds me of eating cinnamon graham crackers for breakfast.

Blender Wheat Pancakes

1 c. wheat kernels
1 c. milk
Blend on high speed for 2 minutes

2 eggs
2 Tbl Olive Oil
1/2 t. salt
2 Tbl. flaxseed
Blend until all combined.  Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Right before cooking add 1 Tbl of baking powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment